From Bender Heri <hben...@ergonomics.ch>
Subject AW: Path exclusion for logs
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:46:32 GMT
Probably the parent class does not instantiate his logger statically but like this:

Logger logger = Logger.getLogger( this.getClass().getName() );

and therefore it retrieves a logger with the name of your descendant (name starting with your
namespace). If it would instantiate it statically:

static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger( org.apache. ..ApacheParent.class );

then the name of the logger would start with "org.apache. .." and would be excluded if you
have a corresponding configuration.

Just a guess. If this is not the case, you should submit your config file for further analyzis.

Heri

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Angeli106 [mailto:angeli106@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. März 2010 14:50
An: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Betreff: Path exclusion for logs

Hi,

I have a java class inheriting from an apache class file. The apache class file is packaged
in org.apache... and such i do not see the logs for it, which is great. However, my own class
is within my namespace (which i'm
logging) and as such it now writes the logs of the parent class.. my question is, can i exclude
certain paths from the log? (such as the path for the class that i've inherited)