From "Dylan Milks" <DMi...@greenridge.ca>
Subject Log4J and Oracle OC4J
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:16:25 GMT
Hi.

I'm using OC4J version 10.something and Log4J 1.2.13. When I run my java app on my development
workstation (JDeveloper 10.1.2.1) the logging works fine. But as soon as I deploy the EAR
to my OC4J server, no logging happens (Windows XP server). I've looked at:

1) Making sure the folder permissions are correct
2) Changed the log file location to different folders
3) Explicitly adding the Log4J JAR file to the application classpath through the Enterprise
Manager.
4) Explicitly adding the Log4J JAR file to the library path through the Enterprise Manager.

None these things work. There are no errors in the windows event log or any OC4J log (from
what I can see).

I read an article on Oracle.com about similar problems (see: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12524_01/web.1013/e12288/logadmin.htm
<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12524_01/web.1013/e12288/logadmin.htm> ) with Log4J
and OC4J.

Does anyone have some insight to this problem and/or additional details about the solution?
 I would think that a lot of people have used Log4J on an Oracle OC4J application server.

Thanks in advance!

- Dylan

The contents of this communication, including any attachment(s), are
confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient (or
are not receiving this communication on behalf of the intended recipient),
please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this communication
without reading it, and making, forwarding or retaining any copy or record of it
or its contents.  Thank you.