From "G.Cholakov" <georgi.chola...@sirma.bg>
Subject Re: Logs from different web apps go to same file with log4j?!
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 07:03:34 GMT

Yes, they all log to a single file!

Each application in its WEB-INF/lib has log4j-1.2.12.jar.

All apps uses same library (jar) with base functionality classes, where the
logger object is created, but there is nothing there that could mess up the
"autoconfiguration":

logger = Logger.getLogger(this.getClass().getName());

And the there is no code like DOMConfigurator.configure(URL) - I'm the
author of the code.

Surprisingly, the situation above is happening only on one remote machine.
We tested 3 other servers with the same configuration and version of Tomcat
- all apps log to their own files. So, I didn't succeed to reproduce this
behaviour on our servers and to observe at close look. :confused: