From ru...@albany.edu
Subject Re: Tomcat Daily Log Rotation fails at app. level.
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 20:35:48 GMT

> Not sure whether this helps you or not, but the
> TimeAndSizeRollingAppender
> has a RollOnStartup switch.  This ensures that logs are rolled when the
> appender receives the first event logged by the application following
> start-up.  Thereafter logs are rolled normally according to the time
> and/or size constraints that you specify.  See my homepage,
> www.simonsite.org.uk for details.

Hi Simon,

I took a read and that sounds ideal.

I realized later that my quick fix is too clumsy.

We have many different apps. across various hosts where this could be an
issue.

Coming up with a method to generate logging events in these apps for the
sole purpose of forcing the logs to rotate may take more time than just
using your classes.

Will try it out tonight.

Thanks,
-Ryan