From Emily36 <bilancia197...@libero.it>
Subject Console appender much slower then File appender. Why ?
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 07:32:59 GMT

Hi all,
We have recentely got some issues with the performance of our loggings
printed on the Console. I have calculated that on an Application Server
(JBoss) running on a 8 Giga RAM and 4 CPU machine, the logs are considerably
faster when using a File appender then a Console (around 40% faster). Is
there any explanation why logging on the Console (which should translate to
a System.out) is so slow ?
thanks a lot
Emily