From mokader <moka...@cisco.com>
Subject Log4j configuration
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:17:25 GMT

Hi,

I am adding logging enhancement to my app. There is already a log4j wrapper
is available in my app. But the existing is in jar and I can not modify. The
problem is, now I have two log4j.xml file. one for my enhancement and other
for existing one.

I first initialize existing log4j wrapper, it uses
DOMConfigurator.configure(initUrl) to configure. After this I call my new
APIs, I follow the same DOMConfigurator.configure(initUrl) to override the
configuration.

The problem here is, I have custom appender, which I specified in log4j.xml
of my enhancement, but the custom appender is called twice - once from
existing APIs and another from my APIs.

I dont know how log4j is invoking my custom appeder, when existing APIs are
initialized. I looked this from stack trace.