From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: catalina.out flooded
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 05:47:02 GMT
Well, you have some specific loggers set to INFO and DEBUG.  Which loggers are
causing the excessive output?  I suspect the following definitions...

log4j.logger.org.apache=info,ApacheLogs
log4j.logger.org.apache.axis=debug,ApacheLogs

If you really want all the apache libraries logging at the info level, and the
Axis library logging at the debug level (yikes), but you don't want your console
log flooded with messages from these loggers, then set additivity to false.

log4j.additivity.org.apache=false

No need to do this specifically for the Axis logger, as additivity to the root
logger will have been cut off at its parent "org.apache" logger.

Jake