From Johan Martinez <jmart...@gmail.com>
Subject webapp and java package specific syslog appender configuration
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2010 19:05:11 GMT
Hi,

I have a log4j configured for webapps running in tomcat 5.5.28 using
FilenameAppender. The logging configured such that log4j writes to different
files based on webapp and package name, e.g.: webapp1-axis.log,
webapp1-hibernate.log etc..

I am not sure how to implement above configuration using Syslog appender. I
was wondering if I could use facilities and/or filters for this e.g. write
to different files based on webapp name and package name. I am planning to
have a separate server for syslog/syslog-ng. Any thoughts on how o implement
this? Things to consider etc..?

Thanks,
jM.