From Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: log4j
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:29:23 GMT
On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:
> When -Dlog4j.debug=true is set, Log4j prints its configuration progress to
> System.err.  With this, you should be able to see which config file is being
> picked up

Thanks Jake.

Thanks, I could see it on catalina.out file where in system.out and
system.err files goes.

> You can run your appender at a specified time by not placing
> log4j.properties in the classpath.  But then you'll have to manually
> configure it at some later point.

Please help me understand by providing examples.

Basically if i set log4j.appender.R.DatePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd in
log4j.properties It rolls over at midnight. is there a way to roll
over at say 12:00 Noon afternoon

Please suggest/guide further

Thanks, Kaushal