From Florian Boulay <f.mail.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem using Chainsaw, "found non matching line"
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:36:12 GMT
Hi Scott,

Thnaks for finding this bug, but unfortunately the last release does not fix
the issue. I tried with a LogFilePatternReceiver and with theses 2 formats :
- [TIMESTAMP] [LEVEL] user: [PROP(*)] LOGGER | MESSAGE
- [TIMESTAMP] [LEVEL] user: [PROP(USER)] LOGGER | MESSAGE

Another bug : when loading the Chainsaw config file the parameter "name"
(<param name="name" value="App Dev"/>) does not seem to considered. Instead
the name of the displayed receiver is "logFileReceiver".

I am still searching why this does not work.

2010/7/27 Scott Deboy <scott.deboy@gmail.com>

> I've committed a fix to the regexp building logic to correctly escape
> regexp
> characters (including the pipe character) in svn 979552.
>
> I've also uploaded a new chainsaw standalone.zip to
> http://people.apache.org/~sdeboy/ <http://people.apache.org/%7Esdeboy/>
>
> I was able to parse a log file with your provided patternlayout using:
>
>       <param name="timestampFormat" value="dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss,SSS"/>
>       <param name="logFormat" value="[TIMESTAMP] [LEVEL] user: [PROP(USER)]
> LOGGER | MESSAGE"/>
>
> I also tested greater than and less than symbols as delimiters and they
> work
> fine, but you have to use a layout which uses the encoded symbols in the
> xml
> config file:
>
>       <param name="logFormat" value="&lt;TIMESTAMP&gt; &lt;LEVEL&gt;
user:
> &lt;PROP(USER)&gt; LOGGER | MESSAGE"/>
>
> You may want to use org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.vfs.VFSLogFilePatternReceiver
> instead - it more reliably tails, and can tail files using any of the file
> systems supported by Jakarta Commons-VFS (including tailing over ssh).
> Changing the receiver class name should be all you need to do to use it..
>
> Let me know if the latest standalone zip file works for you.
>
> Scott
>
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 1:55 AM, Florian Boulay <florian.boulay@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > When using the format *[TIMESTAMP] **, the updated version of Chainsaw
> > manages to parse 4 lines of my log file. The old version does not manage
> > do it.
> > However the *** get a lot of lines ! It does not stop when it encounters
> > \r\n
> >
> > 2010/7/26 Florian Boulay <florian.boulay@gmail.com>
> >
> > > Ok I answered to quickly. The updated version still parses my log file,
> > but
> > > it always display : "found non matching line:..."
> > >
> > > 2010/7/26 Florian Boulay <florian.boulay@gmail.com>
> > >
> > > Hi,

> http://people.apache.org/%7Esdeboy/><
> > http://people.apache.org/%7Esdeboy/>and It did not work.