From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Log4j configuration
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:49:55 GMT
Log4j configuration is cumulative.  One call to configure() does not override
another.  Instead, the configurations are combined.  Each time you configure()
on a config file that defines an appender, a new one will be added rather than
blow away the old one.  Therefore you get duplicate logging as more than one
appender is active.

That said, it seems like this behavior was configurable?  Or maybe we merely
discussed it a while back since the default behavior is somewhat surprising to
users?  Maybe one of the other Log4j developers recalls this discussion and
can provide details?

Jake