From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Chainsaw to view logs over ssh on Linux
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 13:38:56 GMT
Chainsaw strips the username/password out of the URL and builds the
'application' and 'hostname' properties out of the remaining URL so your
file is given its own tab..for some reason, Chainsaw wasn't able to parse
the end of your password.

I just committed a change - let me know if it works..

Also, are you using an xml configuration file, or creating the receiver
config from the receivers panel?  I'd suggest using an xml configuration
file..see the Welcome tab for an example (and notice the 'appendNonMatches'
param).

If this works and Chainsaw loads your log file but doesn't parse it
correctly, feel free to reply with a few lines of your log file and I can
help give you a good logFormat.

Scott