From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: how to remove loggers from chainsaws logger tree pane
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 08:26:35 GMT
Sorry there was a little oversight on my part,

Up on restarting the Chainsaw the last configuration is perfectly loaded.
So no need for my second suggestion in the previous post.

Josef

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stadelmann Josef [mailto:josef.stadelmann@axa-winterthur.ch]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. August 2010 10:24
An: Log4J Users List
Betreff: AW: how to remove loggers from chainsaws logger tree pane

Hi Scott

Thanks for taking the idea and promptly implement part a) and it fit's.

If I get you right, then this is a not yet released version.
So maybe it's time to say what I would see to change as well,
Because I've found the following, for me not so nice behavior.

Go to Chainsaws File-Menu-Item / Load Chainsaw Configuration
Then in the "Load events into Chainsaw" toggle Radio-Button
<Use last used/auto-saved configuration from $HOME/.chainsaw-config.xml>

Then press <OK>

You can load the same configuration over and over again and you get i.e. examples
multiple times the same "Socket Receivers" shown, and you are unable to remove it.
You can remove one type of it, but others of the same type are shown forever.

I think loading a configuration should
a) close the currently Open Socket Receivers and Free Resources
b) then load and activate from the auto-saved receiver-config.xml the configured receivers

But do not configured and add receivers to receivers already in the Receivers Pane.
Gues you need to enhance the right-button-context menu to

The second thing you could potentially fix or enhance is
to save States of Buttons in the "Load events into Chainsaw" Windows.

Save the State of the Don't show this again toggle-button AND
Save Radio-Buttons-State on-<OK>

If on next open/start of Chainsaw, the Don't show this Button is set and the
$HOME/.chainsaw/receiver-config.xml RB was set - just-loaded this config.xml
as in 99.9% of cases I do not have a different demand.

If I need to configure something differently, I can still use the
Chainsaws File-Menu-Item / Load Chainsaw Configuration later.

Thanks again for the prompt work.
Kind regards
Josef

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----