From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: How to use a second log4j.properties file for a special java program?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:25:50 GMT
2 ways (both assuming you don't want to blow away the configuration for the
server, but still use custom configuration for your application)

1.  If you deploy your app as a WAR file, then you can utilize child-first
classloading.  As long as you include log4j.jar in WEB-INF/lib and
log4j.properties (or log4j.xml) in WEB-INF/classes, then you will end up using
your own config rather than the server's.

2.  Use a Repository Selector.  For more info, see....
http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4j/AppContainerLogging

Jake