From fachhoch <fachh...@gmail.com>
Subject log4j creates several log files
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:01:18 GMT

here is my log4j configration

<code>
     <appender name="A2" class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">

    </layout>
  </appender>
 </code>

I am assuming this configration will create    one log file daily with  a
max size of 5Mb and if the log size exceeds it will create another new one.

but in  server I noticed several log files  with the size 3kb , 5kb   etc.
not even a single   log file is of size 5Mb and a log file for every few
minutes, please tell me what is wrong with my configration .