From "Mohan.Radhakrishnan" <moh...@fss.co.in>
Subject RE: Extending Logger
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:26:15 GMT

I wanted to associate the logger file with each Logger instead of the
Appender. I have a setFile/getFile in the Logger that I plan to call using
my custom Appender so that the log message is written to the file associated
with the Logger.

Reasons :

1. We have two many appender sections in the XML because there are too many
log files.
2. I want to use my custom logger/appender and another xml file - not
log4j.xml - to associate a logger with a file.

I am trying to parse and read the file name from my custom XML file and set
it in my custom logger that log4j's repository has.