From Bender Heri <hben...@ergonomics.ch>
Subject RE: [SCL-4] Intercepting LoggingEvent
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 14:33:49 GMT
Write your own Renderer derivation which you can specify in xml configuration (assign to your
specific class, see below).
The Trick is that you pass a custom object to the log calls (the param need not to be a String,
it is formally an object):
      MySpecificLogInfoHolder infos = new MySpecificLogInfoHolder()
      myLog.info( infos );
When the log4j framework comes to render (after having checked the levels etc.) it calls your
custom renderer where you can render the output string as you like.
Heri