From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Extending Logger
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 14:31:34 GMT

I would tend to have a minimal log4j.xml containing basic configuration for
the root logger, which I usually set to "WARN" to avoid being bombarded with
annoying messages from libraries I don't care about.  However, there is no
necessity to have a log4j.xml (or log4j.properties).  Log4j can be configured
via config file or programmatically (or both), but if Log4j can't find any
config file, it will say as much in System.err, which I generally try to
avoid.

All the other stuff can be configured programmatically as Bender suggested.

Jake