From Refr Bruhl <refr_br...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Log4j with multiple files converting to xml
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 17:35:28 GMT
Well been doing that already.

Lets start with the basics

What is the syntax for configuring multiple loggers using an xml file?

If I use log4j.xml or log4j.properties I can configure one logger with code
straight from a tutorial...
         org.apache.log4j.Logger conLogger = Logger.getLogger(BaseConfig.class);

Using this as a model I would think I would want
         org.apache.log4j.Logger qryLogger = Logger.getLogger(BaseConfig.class);
         org.apache.log4j.Logger lgLogger = Logger.getLogger(BaseConfig.class);
        org.apache.log4j.Logger exLogger = Logger.getLogger(BaseConfig.class);

Yet if I use this construct, even if I set loggers in the xml file, the last
defined file will write console output to its log.

So it seems to me that instead of basing a logger on a class, I need to base a
logger on a unique xml file.

I can use
      URL url = Loader.getResource("conLogger.xml");
      DOMConfigurator.configure(url);

again from the same tutorial.. but it only works with 1 xml file.

So if I am limited to 1 xml file how do I configure separate loggers and
appenders in 1 xml file or is there a way I can have 4 separate xml files with a
unique logger and appender for each?

 --Refr inn gra

"Wars are to be won with swords and spears,
not with rice and salt." -- Uesugi Kenshin