From JOSE L MARTINEZ-AVIAL <jlm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: does log4j support wildcard
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 11:13:33 GMT
user.dir is a system properties, as defined in
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/System.html

You can setup dinamically other variable and use it. But you are right in
the sense that it is not a wildcard. What I'm wondering is in what context
makes sense to use a wildcard when defining the path where a file will be
written. What happens if there is more than one path that can fit the
wildcard? which one is used?