From 刘东 <betterjo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: performance problem in multithread environment
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 17:51:25 GMT

hi,
through jprofiler I found that many thread are blocked at logger.info(message).I saw that
each logger.info() call will cost 2,200 us,the application are running at a machine which
has one phyical cpu(64 virtual cpu),1.5Ghz,32G memory,solaris 10.
If I comment all logger message(means no logging message),the application performance will
be faster more than ten times.
If I crate new logger instance for each log message,the application performance will be faster
more than four times.

Could tell me the difference between category and logger.
Api shows that logger extends category,logger.info() just is category.info()。

The code show that synchronization is by category,but code category = this,shows that at this
time category just is logger.

BTW:
In my application,when process one order,it will log about 700 messages.
With log,application will process three orders one second,But without log,application will
process 40 orders one second.
Is there any mistakes by using log4j?need more config?
thanks.

2010-12-11

刘东