From 刘东 <betterjo...@hotmail.com>
Subject performance problem in multithread environment
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:01:17 GMT
hi,all
   I am using log4j in my application.My application will start many thread to do same work,
just like processing data.Now ,The problem is many thread is waiting at point Category.callAppenders()

I read source code,

It shows that log will be synchronized.Althrough we have many threads to do work,but it seems
that many instances of the same class just has the same logger, the logger is synchronized,so
the thread is waitting  on log.Do I make some misunderstandings?
How to improve log performance in multithread environment ?
Thanks a lot.
2010-12-10

刘东