From rvarum <r...@supportspace.com>
Subject can't get UDPAppender to work
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:49:25 GMT

Hi all,

i'm an automation developer with QTP (not java developer)

i'm trying to configure the log4j of our application to broadcast the log
messages through UDP protocol using the UDPAppender, so i can't catch and
process log messages.

the application uses log4j version 1.2.16.
this is the appender configuration i'm using in the log4j xml conf:

 <appender name="QtpUdpAppender" class="org.apache.log4j.net.UDPAppender">

    <layout class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout">

    </layout>
  </appender>

i used several tools and log4j consoles in order to listen to the UDP port
on my machine.
i'm getting nothing from the jboss on that port.

we check all communication issues and there is there is open communication
between the jboss machine and my machine through the specified UDP port.

is there any special jar need for UDPAppender ?
or special log4j version ?
i'm quite in the dark here, and couldn't find lots of information about
UDPAppender on the net.

any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Roy.