From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject Separating some classes' messages from <root>
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:34:26 GMT
Hello!

I'm trying to create a log4j.xml file, that would send all messages from
certain special classes into one location and everything else into another:

    <logger name="special.example.com">
	<level value="INFO"/>
	<appender-ref ref="STDERR"/>
    </logger>
    <root>
	<level value="DEBUG"/>
	<appender-ref ref="SERVERLOG"/>
    </root>

Unfortunately, when I use <root>, ALL messages get logged into the
second location (SERVERLOG) -- including those from the special classes
-- the "special" messages appear in both locations, instead of ONLY in
the STDERR.

How can I fix it without explicitly listing all other classes? Thanks!
Yours,

    -mi