From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject Re: Separating some classes' messages from <root>
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2011 14:17:14 GMT
On 24.02.2011 12:26, Jacob Kjome wrote:
> -Dlog4j.defaultInitOverride=true
> -Dlog4j.configuration=file:/url/path/to/log4j.xml
>
> See more at...
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/manual.html#defaultInit
For the record, the -Dlog4j.defaultInitOverride should *not* be used, if
all one is changing is the location of the configuration file. When I
set both of these flags, I get:

    log4j: Default initialization of overridden by
    log4j.defaultInitOverrideproperty.
    (org.serviio.console.ServiioConsole).

Removing the flag -- and using the -Dlog4j.configuration /only/ --
causes the specified file to be properly parsed and everything gets
peachy...

I guess, one would want to override the default initialization if one's
application does its own configuration somehow. If all you are changing
is the config-file location, then you still want the default
initialization procedure to take place -- just with a different input.

Yours,

    -mi