From Umesh Awasthi <umeshawas...@gmail.com>
Subject FileAppender problem
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 05:52:53 GMT
Hi All,

I am working on a webapplication and i have a requirment to generate log
files at run time for my impex process.here is the use case
i am validating an XML file and validation error is being handled by custom
Error handler.This error hanlde will be passed to the underlying validator
(Jaxb 2.x validator),so i have to create the log file when the instance of
this error hanlder is being created.

here is the code to create log file at run time
FileAppender appender;
            try {
                appender = new FileAppender(layout, sb.toString(), false);
                log.addAppender(appender);
                log.setAdditivity(false);
                log.setLevel(Level.WARN);
            } catch (IOException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }

everything is working fine and file is being created correctly as well being
written by the logger to the respective place.
but if i restart my server real problem starts and logger starting appending
the log content not only to its pareent class as well other classes.here is
the details
lets suppose i have 3 log (A,B,C) files already at the location with 3 lines
in each log file and C was the latest file created in the process.
 so when i restart my server it some how appending data in to previos all
log files in this fashin
C has still 3 lines
B has now 6 lines
A has now 9 lines

it seems that the appender i hace created is still open or have refrence not
sure what exactly going on.
any help in this regard will be helpfull.

--
With Regards
Umesh Awasthi