From Rodney Beede <mailingl...@rodneybeede.com>
Subject Re: can't get UDPAppender to work
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:13:06 GMT
You will need additional jars in order to that appender with a Java
application.
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/receivers/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/net/UDPAppender.html
Note that there is also log4jnet which has this appender for .NET
applications so don't confuse them.

<http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/receivers/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/net/UDPAppender.html>The
log4j companions receiver package hasn't been released yet.  You can get the
source from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/receivers/trunk/ and
build it yourself.  I can't find any jars of it in any Maven repos.

Additionally your UDP appender should probably be above the root element.