From Umesh Awasthi <umeshawas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileAppender problem
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 04:36:57 GMT
Josef,

Thanks for the help.i able to solve the problem and here is the casue of the
problem'.
since i was creating fileappender instance
appender = new FileAppender(layout, sb.toString(), false);
inside the constructor of my class and i was of impression that log4j is
responsible for closing the appender which in my case was not happening at
all.
so after looking in to the FileAppender source code i got the hint since in
the code they tried to close the appender but code was indicating that there
may be some cases where appender might still be open and my problem was in
this section,so after doing my work i simply closed the appender and it
solved the whole issue.

still i am not sure how tomcat was keeping refrence of all the appender
created by the code since i was cleaning up my code and was making all
refrences null.

any one have idea,please do share