From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: Anyone Using Chainsaw Anymore
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:03:38 GMT
Yes we do, it is a great apps,

BUT - I do not use zeroconf

I have configured our Axis2 Web Service Server's Application Server TOMCAT to us the sockethubappender
and I can sniff in anytime my chainsaw client and just get the log events from the services
logging against he sockethubappender.

Josef

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Geoffry Roberts [mailto:geoffry.roberts@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 12. Februar 2011 01:13
An: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Betreff: Anyone Using Chainsaw Anymore

All,

Anyone using chainsaw anymore?  If not chainsaw, is there anything else?

I recently downloaded chainsaw and noticed that as a project in appears not
to be all that active.  I tried using chainsaw by following the instructions
for zeroconf as posted on the wiki, and upon startup my app began throwing
errors then crashed.  My app crashes so quickly that it is hard get any
meaningful output but I am getting a complaint regarding a DOMConfigurator.

The situation I describe is a simple one both chainsaw and my app are
running on the same machine.

Apart from chainsaw, I use log4j in my app without any problem.  The
difficulties arise only when I put the prescribed zeroconf changes into my
log4j.xml file.

Thanks
--
Geoffry Roberts