From Nitin Kumar Gupta <nitinkumargu...@gmail.com>
Subject is it possible to have different log level for same package
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 15:33:09 GMT

suppose I have a package com.foo.hello ,

can I define log level and appender such that error logs goes to one file
and all other (even including error, if possible) goes to another file.

I tried as follows, but last one is always overwriting first one

log4j.logger.com.foo.hello=ERROR, FOO_1
log4j.logger.com.foo.hello=DEBUG, FOO_2

and appender as

log4j.appender.FOO_1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.FOO_1.File=../log/foo_error.log
&
log4j.appender.FOO_2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.FOO_2.File=../log/foo_all.log

Can someone please help me on that?

Thanks a ton
Nitin