From Tim Watts <...@cliftonfarm.org>
Subject Re: How to delete individual entries from a log file
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:32:33 GMT
I'll try to refrain from chastising you for using a log as a work
queue... :-)

but I suppose the "cleanest" way would be to log to a database and then
delete those rows once the files have been indexed.

Alternatively, if that adds too many moving parts and you want to stick
with text files, leave a space in the log records and rewrite them with
a marker (e.g. "*") in that space once the files have be indexed to mark
them as "deleted" or "handled" as the case may be.