From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: Configuration Sequence
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 13:19:22 GMT
Looks as if nobody knows it ...

well, I have the sources and can look myself,
but I was so confident that a developer would know it :-(

Josef

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stadelmann Josef [mailto:josef.stadelmann@axa-winterthur.ch]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2012 13:37
An: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Betreff: Configuration Sequence

I have a simpel question :

what is the prioper sequence in configuring log4j.properties

1.	logger
2.	additivity
3.	appenders
4.	filters

to reach that all gets parsed but not twice,

if sequences are not correct, I see errors such as, in case of a rolling
file appender
file locked by another user, or in case of a Chainsaw sockethuappender,
socket
address already in use.

What is the rule of dumb in configuration when tomcat startsup and has
to deploy / lauch axis2.war

Josef