From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: AW: log4j rollover in est timezone not working as expected
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:42:31 GMT
Hi Paul,

the other hard way would be you develop what is missing on the current
DailyRollingFileAppender, develop to support what you want, develop a I18N interface.

I think it is somehow an architectural fault. MY own view.

The core of the time calculations are all done in GMT to form a common work basis. That's
very OK.
as the core does all kind of calculations, including triggering events etc.

But all around that core an I18N-IO-Interface, should nicely support local language and cultures.

But that does certainly not yet exist, maybe you are the one to provide it.

Josef

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Paul [mailto:ppage4@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2012 17:48
An: Log4J Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: log4j rollover in est timezone not working as expected

Thanks Josef for the information. The ExternallyRolledFileAppender class looks interesting
so I may try to use that. It would be nice if there was a way to trigger a rollover internally
w/out having to resort to sockets and possibly an extra thread. In other words just create
a separate thread which sleeps until midnight EST, and then trigger the rollover and then

Paul.