From Scott Deboy <scott.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration Sequence
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 15:52:17 GMT
Order in the file doesn't really matter in either case it seems.

For a properties file, PropertyConfigurator does process entries in a
specific order, but it just finds them in the properties file and builds
the entries - here is the code from PropertyConfigurator:

configureRootCategory(properties, hierarchy);
configureLoggerFactory(properties);
parseCatsAndRenderers(properties, hierarchy);

For an xml file, the elements will be processed as they are defined in the
xml file - the DOMConfigurator code parses whatever is found in that order.

Scott