From Michael Erskine <mse...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Log4J doesn't work at all
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:40:25 GMT
On 10 April 2012 12:27, Michael Erskine <msemtd@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I know this might sound daft but is your class actually trying to log anything?

OK, I see where you're coming from:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/logging.html

...and you would expect the HttpClient to log to the console. I'm not
familiar with HttpClient but I would expect it to work.

Any luck with Commons Logging or Java Logging?

Any luck with Log4J for a simple application?

If you are new to logging and Log4J concepts I recommend starting off
by adding some simple logging to a simple console application (as per
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/manual.html under the
"Configuration" heading).

You mentioned Tomcat: Getting Log4j working correctly under Tomcat is
a few steps beyond simple! Are you using HttpClient at the server side
under Tomcat or as a standalone client?