From Douglas E Wegscheid <Douglas_E_Wegsch...@whirlpool.com>
Subject Re: Log4J doesn't work at all
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:32:54 GMT
tommmmmm <tommmmmm@gmail.com> wrote on 04/10/2012 05:06:20 PM:

> > The one odd thing I see is that there is a logger named "jobManager"
that
> > is configured.  I don't see that in the log4 config you posted in a
> > previous response (see below).  Are you sure the config file that is
being
> > loaded is the one you **think** is being loaded?
> >

> First, I have to make it work. I can always add an entry in proprties
file
> for a specific class later on. First it must work - then I will worry
about
> details.

the log4j properties that you originally posted has nothing in it about
jobManager; the output indicates that the one getting used does have
settings for jobManager. Jacob has asked a question that may or may not be
salient: are you sure the config file that is being loaded is the one you
**think** is being loaded, or has the log4j.properties morphed along the
way, and the file getting used is indeed the one that think is being used?

You indicated that you were going to grab a fresh commons-logging jar and
use it. Did you, or did that step get lost in the shuffle?