From Brent Evans <brentevan...@gmail.com>
Subject Threshold Levels
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:01:35 GMT

Hi,

I'm currently trying to configure syslog4j (which is using a
log4j.properties file) to carry out logging on my system. The properties
file is below:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, syslog

log4j.category.EventLogger=INFO, syslogAudit
log4j.additivity.EventLogger=false

log4j.appender.syslog=com.org.CustomAppender
log4j.appender.syslog.protocol=tcp
log4j.appender.syslog.host=localhost
log4j.appender.syslog.port=6500
log4j.appender.syslog.facility=LOCAL2

log4j.appender.syslogAudit=com.org.CustomAppender
log4j.appender.syslogAudit.Threshold=INFO
log4j.appender.syslogAudit.protocol=tcp
log4j.appender.syslogAudit.host=localhost
log4j.appender.syslogAudit.port=6500
log4j.appender.syslog.facility=LOCAL3

What I'm trying to achieve here is for all messages to be output to the
syslog logger and then for all messages that are INFO and above to be output
as well to the syslogAudit logger. The problem is that the Threshold level
is not being applied, so Debug messages are currently being included in the
syslogAudit logger. I have noticed that removing the syslog logger allows
for the Threshold to be correctly set, however this isn't a viable solution.

Thanks in advance for the help.