From "Stadelmann Josef" <josef.stadelm...@axa-winterthur.ch>
Subject AW: [log4j-1.2.17] build problem - Failure authenticating with NTLM <any realm>@bcproxyserver.ch.
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 09:31:16 GMT
Hi Christian

thanks for your offer but do not waste too much time for me;
We are committed to open source, so we build all from scratch!
This has been proven very help full in many debug and missing
documentation situation. So for we do so for maven, ant, axis2,
log4j, and whatever else we need.

AND
your are correct I just attempted to do a
$ mvn install

The next step will be a closer look at which test actually failes and why
it is attempting to reach out through our bcproxyserver.ch.winterthur.com:8080
firewall server without using http.proxyUser and http.proxyPassword properly.

So I just attempted a $ mvn install

I do not want a binary, I'll re-do it all from source and get my packages
built for operation.

Josef

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Christian Grobmeier [mailto:grobmeier@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012 16:27
An: Log4J Users List
Betreff: Re: [log4j-1.2.17] build problem - Failure authenticating with NTLM <any realm>@bcproxyserver.ch.

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Stadelmann Josef
<josef.stadelmann@axa-winterthur.ch> wrote:
> During
> $ mvn build
> of log4j-1.2.17 under NetBeans on a Vista PC I get the following.

sorry, did you mean mvn package?

> [ INFO] Failure authenticating with NTLM <any
> realm>@bcproxyserver.ch.winterthur.com:8080

Not sure why you are running into this and what it actually means.
Can you please tell me what you want achieve? Maybe we can find it out
that way round.

Maybe this might help you:
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/building.html

The log4j 1.2.17 build is a bit horrible as you can see on that page.
We are currently cleaning it up. That bein said I have heard of some
people who had trouble with building log4j on windows machines, but
there are also people who succeeded. If you just want to get a binary,
why aren't you downloading the standard packages? If you tell me your
goal, I might find some time to set up a windows box and look into it.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de