From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [log4j-1.2.17] build problem - Failure authenticating with NTLM <any realm>@bcproxyserver.ch.
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 13:26:40 GMT
Hello Josef,

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Stadelmann Josef
<josef.stadelmann@axa-winterthur.ch> wrote:
> your are correct I just attempted to do a
> $ mvn install
>
> The next step will be a closer look at which test actually failes and why
> it is attempting to reach out through our bcproxyserver.ch.winterthur.com:8080
> firewall server without using http.proxyUser and http.proxyPassword properly.
>
> So I just attempted a $ mvn install

in this case, please look at the link:
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/building.html

My guess is that you are running into trouble with the DLL building.
Please search the page above for "NTEventLogAppender.dll" and check if
you have followed the instructions there.

We are glad if you would report everything you find which we have
missed - thank you!
In addition I would like to point you to log4j 2.0 which is alpha:
loggingtest.apache.org/log4j/2.x/
(temporary link)

Cheers
Christian