From Rainer Hirschmiller <rainer.hirschmil...@web.de>
Subject Re: log4j2 and encoding
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 10:10:58 GMT
Yeah, that's it. I saw this in documentation, but in the first tries I
make some stupid things. Which following pattern definition it works:
       <PatternLayout pattern="%d{HH:mm:ss,SSS z} %thread %-5level
%file:%method:%line - %message%n" charset="ISO-8859-1" />

Thanks for the fast help
Rainer

Am 25.11.2012 06:13, schrieb Ralph Goers:
> Most Layouts accept a charset attribute. You should try specifying "ISO-8859-1" there.
 If that doesn't work please let us know.

> Ralph
>
> On Nov 24, 2012, at 11:37 AM, Rainer Hirschmiller wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using Windows 7, Java 7 and Log4j2 beta3 and Eclipse Juno.
>>
>> I'm reading data from a database and log the data for checking. The data contain
German special characters. These data are displayed well in the application, e.g. in tables,
but wrong while logging the data.

>> The application reports Cp1252 as used charset.
>>
>> I tried to set file.encoding in the run configuration / arguments to -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1
but the reported charset is not changed.