From raja_s_patil <kpr.rspa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Cluster syslog appender, Instance Id in Log
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2012 11:09:39 GMT
Thanks,

Log4j.xml included here is part of actual xml file. Since I am a developer I
have configured everything on a laptop
hence localhost is seen in log4j.xml i production its different hostname and
Tomcat servers are logging to
remote logserver's rsyslogd daemon successfully.

The additional information we want is "from which Instance" the log line is
comming from.
at present rsyslog d can detect "From which Computer (Host) Log is comming
From".

I feel that instance Id should be included in message part, which is
generated by log4j.xml for that instance.
is there any config switch in layout pattern which will include some ID ? or
otherwise I feel that The problem
can solved with having property placeholder like ${InstanceID} which is
defined in Instance's web.xml and
included in "Pattern Layout" for appender. But I dont know how to define
Placeholder in log4j.xml and use it there.

Thanks and warm regards.

Raja Patil