From oshi...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Tomcat Cluster syslog appender, Instance Id in Log
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2012 03:42:12 GMT
Have you attached your log4j.xml and rsyslog conf ?, I don't see 'em.
------Original Message------
From: raja_s_patil
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
ReplyTo: Log4J Users List
Subject: Tomcat Cluster syslog appender, Instance Id in Log
Sent: Dec 22, 2012 05:54

Hello,

I have two servers each running 3 instances of Tomcat 7. We have used Log4j
for logging with syslogappenders
which send log to Logging server in LAN. The setup is logging perfectly no
problems.

We want to improve this set up and would like to have some information to be
attached to each line which will
indicate "from which instance that line has been logged". The log4j.xml is
as follows.

the rsyslog conf is as follows

With this each line in log file contains info about from which host this is
being logged but we want additional
information "from which Instance" also.

Please guide us how we can achieve this.

Thanks and warm regards.

Raja Patil