From Shitian Long <longst...@gmail.com>
Subject what is the different between "log4j.configuration" and "log4j.properties"
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 11:18:38 GMT
Hello

I am wondering what is the different between "log4j.configuration" and "log4j.properties".

According to the book "Pro Apache Log4j Second Edition"

Quote:

1: The LogManager class looks for the system property log4j.configuration.

2: If the log4j.configuration property is not defined, then it tries to look for a resource
named log4j.properties/log4j.xml in the application class path.

From my understanding " log4j.configuration" is a properties plain text file, only different
with log4j.properties is extensions. My question is what is the purpose of check log4j.configuration
first.

Thanks