From Tushar Kapila <tgkp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thread debug level
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:03:46 GMT
it would be nice to have thread debug level. why? we have 80% code that
is shared in one data center by 25 customers.

now when we make changes that affect at most 2-3 customers or add a new
one, its nice to have more debug for that customer. most of our classes
are multi customer and the only way to add debug at customer level is to
have if statements (
if customer.getDebugForFeature("some id in our db params table") > 2){
     logger.debug ...

instead is there a way to tell new log4j2 that WARNING is the general
debug level, but at some point in a thread make that thread have level
DEBUG and then later we need to turn it back ourselves?