From Tushar Kapila <tgkp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with Tomcat auto-redeploy on Windows.
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 05:02:42 GMT
* why would a lib log4j or any other read its own jar? unless its to get
to a xml for config in it and is not closing it?

* i would never install to program files as there are permission issues
on those folders especially with windows 7 try install on c:\apps\ (make
apps as a new folder)

On 4/18/2013 2:06 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:
> Not that I am aware of.  If the web app is using the log4j 2 web module to initialize
and destroy its context I would expect this to work.

> Ralph
>
> On Apr 17, 2013, at 1:28 PM, Fabien Sanglard wrote:
>
>> It seems there is an issue with log4j 2 not closing the core JAR handle on Windows.
>> It prevents Tomcat from auto redeploying an app.
>>
>> Upon updating an hypothetical DiscoveryService.war in the 'webapps' folder, the redeploy
will fail:

>> SEVERE: [C:\Program Files\apache-tomcat-7.0.39\webapps\DiscoveryService\WEB-INF\lib]
could not be completely deleted. The presence of the remaining files may cause problems