From Peter DePasquale <peter.depasqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: General config question for Log4J2
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 00:53:17 GMT
I am having a very difficult time learning the configuration system and am
very frustrated by the documentation. I had hoped to learn the system well
enough to possibly contribute to the project with respect to a tutorial or
other documentation, but I've concluded that I can no longer spend so much
time trying to work with log4j2 and not focus on my project, which sorely
needed logging.

I wanted to next learn where the documentation for this like the following
are discussed:
      <appender-ref ref="InfoFile" level="info" />
      <appender-ref ref="TraceFile"/>

But I can't find anything about this either. My questions seem to only lead
to more questions and no answers.

I'm sorry, but even despite my simple use cases where I'd like to separate
out types of logging into different files, and with my earlier unsolved
issues related to L4J's application for a web app in Tomcat, I'm very
frustrated.

Perhaps someday the project documentation will mature to the point where I
can learn how to use the software from a novice's (to logging) perspective.