From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: log4cxx - reaching out for interested developers
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:22:46 GMT
On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Nick Williams
<nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net> wrote:
> Lacking any responses, I'll chime in:
>
> I didn't know log4cxx existed. The only Cxx code I write is Java+Native. With that said,
now that I know it exists, I will investigate using it in my native code; I'm not sure.

> I'd love to try to help some, but I simply don't have time right now. I'm in the middle
of writing a book. Perhaps after the book comes out, but that's going to be another 8 months
from now.

> It sure would be a shame to see it head to the attic. :-(

Just want to make sure everybody knows that attic doesn't mean
"deleted". The code will be accessible and we'll make a pointer to it.
It is just an indicator that there is nobody working on it (I just
have not the time to learn the skills :-().

When ever a group of people (I guess 3 to 5 would make it happen) come
together and *want* to maintain it, we can get it back from the attic
without big pain.

So, if you have finished your book (curious about what you write!) you
have a chance to revive it.

Cheers

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de