From Steven Yang <kenshin...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use FastFile
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2013 09:36:17 GMT
I am using log4j beta5 and want to try async file appender FastFile.
However I could not get it to work.
I have built the disruptor jar using project from
https://github.com/LMAX-Exchange/disruptor so my disruptor is 3.0.1 not
3.0.0, dont know if it matters.

I simply follow the sample setup from
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/async.html#Performance.

But I could not see anything log into my log file, I can see the log file
created but nothing inside.
If I simply change from FastFile to File, I can see all the logs that
suppose to appear.
I have the following jars in my project
log4j-api-2.0-beta5.jar
log4j-core-2.0-beta5.jar
log4j-jcl-2.0-beta5.jar
log4j-slf4j-impl-2.0-beta5.jar

In my project I mainly use slf4j but even if I try to use log4j api direct,
it still doesnt work.

here is my log4j2.xml

<configuration status="DEBUG">
    <appenders>
    <FastFile name="FastFile"
fileName="D:/Projects/TestingProject/logs/log4jtest.log"
immediateFlush="false" append="false" suppressExceptions="false">
      <PatternLayout>
        <pattern>%d %p %c{1.} [%t] %m %ex%n</pattern>
      </PatternLayout>
    </FastFile>
  </appenders>
  <loggers>
    <root level="debug" includeLocation="true">
      <appender-ref ref="FastFile"/>
    </root>
  </loggers>
</configuration>

What am I doing wrong? or do I need to check for any dependency for
disruptor?

Thanks