From Remko Popma <rem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Are the custom appenders only like plugins?
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 23:02:39 GMT
Aliaksandr,

I don't think you need a specific OSGi version to make a plugin.

Remko

________________________________
 From: Aliaksandr Belavusau <abelavusau@gmail.com>
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:27 AM
Subject: Are the custom appenders only like plugins?

Hi Guys,

Trying embed log4j2 in our OSGi application.

So, one small question: How can I create custom appender which will be
not a plugin? I want to create it like old school log4j1.x appender. The
cause: We cannot use osgi.core version >= 4.3.0 in our application, only
=4.2.0. (As you know 4.2.0 does not consist org.osgi.framework.wiring
package).

Is it possible at all?

Thanks in advance, Alex.