From Nick Williams <nicho...@nicholaswilliams.net>
Subject Re: New to mailing list, inquiring if there is a release date for 2.0-beta 8?
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:56:47 GMT
A topic was just started about this on the developers' list. You're free to subscribe to that
list as well in order to monitor the decisions, or you can view the topic in the archives
here:

http://marc.info/?l=log4j-dev&m=137279002901510&w=2

The most recent message suggested Monday for the vote, which would put the release at next
Wednesday. That was just a suggestion, not anything anyone has agreed on.

Nick

On Jul 2, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Asaf Erlich wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to this mailing list and would just like to ask if there is an estimated scheduled
release date for the next beta version?  The only information I could find was at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversions-panel
which shows a new one is released about once a month.  There was a bug fixed recently (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-292)
and I was just wondering when I can estimate to my client the fix will be done.  I understand
you are not under any obligation to release at any time, and I understand that I am welcome
to pull the source and build it myself, but I just thought I would ask in case it's coming
soon.  Please let me know.